Saturday 20 June to Saturday 8 August 2020
Who Cares? Scotland is committed to supporting Care Experienced people’s educational aspirations and so we’re delighted to offer a scholarship for Care Experienced young people aged 15-18 to attend the Harvard University Summer School, Secondary School Programme.
The programme runs from Saturday 20 June to Saturday 8 August 2020 and takes place at the Harvard University campus in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. This is a fully immersive, seven-week university experience with rigorous academic requirements. Participants will live on campus with other students from around the world, study two university level courses and take part in campus life.
To find out more about the programme and the courses available, check out the links below:
Can I apply to attend Harvard Summer School?
You are eligible if you are:
- Currently attending school or college.
- Aged 15-18: the age restriction is set by Harvard University, not Who Cares? Scotland. You must be at least 15 years old by 1st December 2019 and not turn 19 before 31st July 2020.
- Willing to be an ambassador for Who Cares? Scotland, through writing blogs and speaking publicly about your experience.
- In possession of a valid, in-date passport and able to travel to the USA unaccompanied.
- Have lived experience of the care system. This could include foster care; secure care; kinship care; living at home and has a social worker; living in a residential unit or school; living with adoptive parents.
- A Who Cares? Scotland Family Member. If you are not already a member, sign up here.
What will I gain?
- Valuable academic experience studying at a world-class university.
- Confidence to live independently and build friendships with people from all over the world.
- The chance to share your experiences and inspire positive change for care experienced people.
How can I apply?
Links to download the poster, application form and supporting information sheet can be found below. We encourage everyone to share these far and wide!
The deadline for applications is Friday 20th December 2019.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Rebecca Kayne or Gregor Clunie by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 0141 226 4441.