22 June to 10 August 2019
Once in a lifetime opportunity for two care experienced members of Who Cares? Scotland to spend seven weeks studying at Harvard University!
Harvard is one of the most prestigious universities in the world, located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. The Summer School programme will involve spending seven weeks at Harvard, studying two college level academic courses and taking part in cultural and social activities.
The programme will take place from Saturday 22 June to Saturday 10 August 2019 and it is a fantastic opportunity for young people to:
- Gain valuable academic experience studying at one of the top-ranked Universities in the world
- Enhance their University applications
- Gain experience of living independently
- Build their social and academic confidence
- Create friendships with others from around the world
- Share experiences and inspire positive change for care experienced people
Information about Who Cares? Scholarship
For the past nine years, Who Cares? Scotland has supported care experienced young people to attend Harvard.
We have developed good personal relationships with the Director of the Harvard University Summer School and his staff. These relationships are invaluable in ensuring that our young people are well supported while attending Harvard.
Applicants must be people with Care Experience who are 15 years old by 1 December 2018 and do not turn 20 years old before 31 July 2019.
Information about the Programme
This is a fully immersive, seven-week college experience with rigorous academic requirements.
Links to download the poster, application form and supporting information sheet can be found below. We encourage everyone to share these far and wide!