Towards a Scotland where Care Experienced people have a lifetime of equality, respect and love.
Who Cares? Scotland believes in the power of individual and collective voice. This is how we have achieved meaningful and lasting change for all Care Experienced people. Our members have secured a change in the age at which young people can remain in care, the introduction of the Care Experienced bursary and the announcement of a Root and Branch review of care. Our approach has always been deeply rooted in amplifying the voice of care experienced individuals and groups, to be heard by the most powerful people.
A significant moment for change
Our vision is for a lifetime of Equally, Respect and Love for care experienced people. We believe that there has never been a more powerful moment to achieve this vision. Care Experienced people have told us that they want to be part of change and that they want to take control of their own narrative.
That’s why we are launching The Collective. This group, made up entirely of Care Experienced people, will be responsible for:
- Delivering the vision of a Lifetime of Equality, Respect & Love.
- Speaking out on behalf of Who Cares? Scotland’s members.
- Influencing decision makers at a global and national level.
The Launch Event
On Sunday 9th December 2018, at The Studio, Glasgow, The Collective held their official launch event to explore their intention of being part of The Collective and what the year ahead may look like.
The Collective currently has representation from 19 of Scotland’s Local Authorities with an age range of 14 to 50+.
- 1st Collective meeting (residential): 25 – 27th January 2019
- 2nd Collective meeting: Sat 2nd March 2019
- 3rd Collective meeting: Sat 4th May 2019
- 4th Collective meeting: Sat 8th June 2019
- 5th Collective meeting: July 2019 (Summer Camp)
- 6th Collective meeting (residential): 20th -22nd September 2019
- 7th Collective meeting: October 2019
Dates for 2020 to be agreed
Meet the members of The Collective (click here)