Who Cares? Scotland is Scotland’s only national independent, representative organisation for care experienced people. Our Board of Directors brings together a range of expertise, skills and experience which helps to shape the objectives, strategy and policy of the organisation.
The mandate for Who Cares? Scotland comes from the care experienced young people. We are nothing without their voice and their participation. We are looking for care experienced people to join our Board who can help us build on the amazing work we have already done and to achieve even more in the future. If this is a role is of interest to you, we invite you to get in touch.
No previous board experience is necessary and full support and training will be provided. Successful candidates would be expected to attend board meetings, sub-committee meetings and a number of events throughout the year, including Care Council.
We are looking for people who are:
- Care Experienced
- Capacity to contribute
- Willing to take on new responsibilities
- Committed to improving the future of Scotland’s care experienced young people
- Excited to learn and be an integral part of Who Cares? Scotland at the highest level
You will help:
- Set the vision of Who Cares? Scotland
- Monitor our strategic direction and policies
- Ensure we comply with the law and our organisational constitution
- Maintain proper financial oversight
- Build a strong relationship between the Board, the staff and the membership
Board Meetings are usually held quarterly in the National Office in Glasgow. Sub-committee meetings are also held quarterly. Care Council takes place over three to four weekends per year in Edinburgh.
The role is voluntary but we will cover reasonable out-of-pocket and travel expenses.
Interested in applying or just want to find out more?
Contact Rebecca Kayne at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0141 226 4441.
To apply, please email Rebecca a personal statement by midnight on Sunday 15 October 2017, which includes:
- Why you want to be on the board
- What you think you can bring to the role
- Any relevant background and experience