An exciting opportunity for members
Our members often tell us that once they leave care, the houses they end up in sometimes don’t feel like a home. Although some people receive Leaving Care grants which allow them to buy essential items for their tenancy, they are left without anyone to help fit carpets, decorate or build furniture.
This is where Mactaggart and Mickel come in. They’re a company that don’t just build houses – they create homes.
What’s on offer
This year, Mactaggart and Mickel’s employees have kindly volunteered to carry out essential repairs and refurbishment when care experienced people move into their own homes. This will transform the houses of our members into a place they belong, feel safe in and can call home. They can offer the following services:
- A “handyman” service – plumbing, joinery, etc
- Decorating (wallpaper / paint must be provided)
- Fitting carpets (must be provided)
- Building flat-packed furniture
- Painting white ceilings and walls
- Fixing leaks
- Resealing baths
- Fitting clocks, paintings, pictures and other wall fixings
- And more!
If you are a care experienced Who Cares? Scotland member of any age and your house could benefit from the help of Mactaggart and Mickel, apply now!
Are you interested?
Send in a short written application or video to email@example.com telling us:
- A list of what you would like done (as much detail as possible)
- What it would mean to you
- How it would make your life better
- A contact phone number and your address
- Please include pictures of the rooms you’d like work done in
There is only capacity to carry out a small number of renovations. Therefore, all applications will be passed to a panel of WC?S staff and care experienced members who will decide who is successful. The more detail you can include in your application, the easier it will be to process.
- Find out more about Lisa’s experience of this service.
- Contact Beth Agnew – call 0141 226 4441 or email firstname.lastname@example.org