Who Cares? Scotland invites you to march with us on Sunday the 23rd of October from Glasgow Green to George Square to show our commitment to achieving a lifetime of love for Care Experienced people across Scotland.
1pm – Meet at the Doulton Fountain in Glasgow Green
1.15pm – The march will start
The route we will follow we be through the McLelland Arch, up Saltmarket, past Glasgow Cross onto High Street, turning left onto Ingram Street, then right onto Montrose Street, and left onto Cochrane Street where we will walk onto the Southeast corner of George Square.
1.45 -2.15pm – Speeches from Care Experienced speakers will take place in George Square
We will have some branded materials to hand out, but we encourage you to bring homemade banners, and if you have one, wear your Who Cares? Scotland t-shirt over your clothes. It might be a bit chilly in October so make sure you are wrapped up warm, wear comfortable shoes, and bring a raincoat for any unexpected Glasgow showers!
- Toilets will be available at the start of the march in the People’s Palace and at the end of the march in Queen Street Station.
- Anyone attending who is 16 years old or younger must be accompanied by a supporting adult over 18 (whether that’s their Who Cares? Scotland worker or a carer).
- Marshals will be easily recognisable by their green hi-vis vests.
- Please listen carefully to any instructions given by the marshals and the police.
- There will be 3 First Aiders on the march, identifiable by their pink hi-vis vests. If you need assistance, speak to a marshal and they will get the attention of a First Aider.
- We will not tolerate any threatening, violent, or offensive behaviour against our volunteers, staff, other parties, participants, police, security personnel, or members of the public.
- The consumption of alcohol or drugs is not permitted prior to or during The Love Rally.
- No glass bottles are permitted whilst on the march and we discourage plastic bottles for environmental reasons.
- Please do not drop any litter on the march, we will be expected to take good care of Glasgow city centre.
- If you have any concerns about anything during the march you can approach a marshal, WC?S staff member, or a police officer and they will be happy to help you.
- Dogs are welcome at The Love Rally, but we ask that you check the PDSA guide https://www.pdsa.org.uk/what-we-do/blog/top-tips-for-taking-your-dog-to-a-festival and consider if they will feel comfortable.
- Make sure you disperse as soon as the rally concludes to ensure the road can be opened again.
As this event will take place in a public space, we will not have control over who can take photographs and where these will be shared. What we can do is make sure that any WC?S staff members taking photographs of participants will ask for permission and they will ask for your consent to share these. If you have any concerns about image consent, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Who Cares? the Events Team at email@example.com or on 0141 226 4441.
We look forward to marching with you on the 23rd of October. Look after each other and most importantly, have fun!