Summer Camp is a unique space for Care Experienced children and young people to come together, connect and gain a sense of belonging. It’s a space where they can, often for the first time in their life, forget about the stigma and barriers that surround them in their every day life.
In July 2018, Who Cares? Scotland will be running it’s 5th annual Summer Camp. For 6 days, 150 Care Experienced children and young people will come together to connect, have fun and make friends for life.
For the first time ever, the Who Cares? Scotland Summer Camp has been co-designed by a group of Care Experienced young people. In addition to this, many of the activities will be delivered by some of our older members, who are returning to camp as volunteers.
Donate today and help make summer shine for Scotland’s Care Experienced children and young people.
- £5 could help pay to for a range of materials for indoor and outdoor activities such as sports/tournaments, arts & crafts, baking workshops or our annual colour run
- £15 could help provide transport to and from Who Cares? Scotland Summer Camp
- £30 could help feed one Care Experienced person at Who Cares? Scotland Summer Camp
- £50 could reserve one place for a Care Experienced person at Who Cares? Scotland Summer Camp
- £150 could cover the full cost of attending Who Cares? Scotland Summer Camp for one Care Experienced person
Any money raised over and above what we need to run the Summer Camp will be used to support other events and activities for our Care Experienced members throughout the year.
Read Carly’s story to learn more about Who Cares? Scotland annual Summer Camp
Carly, our Care Experienced Corporate Parenting Ambassador, attended her first ever Who Cares? Scotland annual Summer Camp last summer.
Everything about the camp was excellent. I left feeling an overwhelming sense of love for all the children and young people I had spent time with. I wished that they didn’t have to go home to their carers and units.
The camp is a place where they are surrounded by their loving Care family who understands their situation. These children and young people are amazing and deserve a place where they can be unapologetic about who they are, and where they can make friends and family for life.
Click here to read more about Carly’s Summer Camp experience.